The big myth on tax payers in India Data from a Chartered Accountants group…….
Mr Jetly said during his budget speech that we are largely a tax compliant society and presented that only 3.7 crores are filling ITRs in this poor country with 125 crore population .
The reply by CAs :
We have 82 crore voters
– 75% are agriculturists ,61.5 crores ( You exempted them directly but, they can also buy cars , bunglows etc as you quoted.. your political counterparts are also enjoying this)
Less: 24% BPL class ( Below poverty line)
15 crore population ( which is non agriculturist and non BPL) ..
Less : Senior Citizens, Non working wives, unemployed youths, below taxable income earners…political class..(say 75%) … in a typical indian family only 1 earning member and 5/6 are dependent on him….
Balance (15-11.25)=3.75 crores is the earning class … which can file ITRs and … they are already filling it….
…. so almost no gap as Mr Jetly is stressing unnecessarily without knowing his country🤓😝😱
if Looser Jetly wants more people’s to come into tax net …then… instead foolishly resorting to only rampant raids, surveys…notices… scrutiny ….. demonetisations etc etc terrorism … he should defy his negative bureaucrats and …….
1. Introduce simple Income Tax on Agricultural Income on large landlords ( Say 10 Acres plus ) – you can add 26% of Agriculturists as tax payers ( Politicians are also enjoying this )
2. Instead of introducing 5000/10000 penalties on late filers of IT return …
Come out with positive approach and introduce incentives to IT return filers ( learn from Pakistan, IT assessee gets discount in purchase of Car )
3. Introduce Privilege card to those paying taxes above certain limit.. privilege card to entitle assessee with benefits like Priority quota in railway tickets , Use of airport lounges, subsidised medical facilities, etc etc… *let Tax payers feel proud*
4. Introduce medical insurance / life insurance on basis of average ITR filled… like coverage upto twice of Gross Income in ITR filled for mediclaim and ten times risk cover in case of life insurance
5. Introduce Pension after 65 yrs of age on the basis of tax paid by tax payer during his working life..
Let honest taxpayers get certain direct benefits….
As on today, 3.3% of Indian population is filling ITRs as compared to 8% of China…adding large agriculturists to Income Tax may shoot the figure to more than 10% …. it may help you to cool your tax terrorism mindset and a tax compliant nation …😊
*LET’S SPREAD THIS TO EDUCATE HONEST TAX PAYERS*